Think there’s a difference between healthy and healthier? Absolutely! Problem is you never know where you’ll be when you get a SNACK ATTACK! There’s nothing wrong with snacking but, there are substitutes that will help curb your cravings and sky rocket your energy levels to not just be healthy, but be healthier! MaxWell Medical has alternatives that will have you snacking for more!
5 Simple Snack Swaps:
1) Grapes for Dried Apricots- Hate raisins but enjoy the ease of grapes? Dried apricots are a great alternative. They contain almost half the sugar of grapes, yet have more fiber. They’re also rich in antioxidants and contain vitamin B5 to help the body release energy from food.
2) Cheese for Ricotta Cheese- Cheese of any sort seems like a no, no but; ricotta cheese isn’t like the others. It contains more protein and calcium to help you build muscle and strong bones. Still not impressed, ricotta is rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids known to help prevent heart disease and cancer.
3) A Pear for An Apple- Who hasn’t heard that an apple a day can keep the doctor away? Deep red skinned apples contain more Quercetin which is a concentrated antioxidant, which can help prevent diseases. Also, apples have lower sugar content than pears which is great for Diabetics.
4) Potato Fries for Sweet Potato Fries- Fries of any sort seem like the least healthy option to consume but, sweet potato fries are great. Sweet potato has a great source of vitamin A which is vital for good vision and helps to prevent dry skin and hair.
5) Nuts for Almonds- Don’t let the monocle on Mr. Peanut fool you. He isn’t as great for you as almonds are. Almonds are higher in fiber and protein than nuts, that’ll be sure to keep you fuller for longer. They’re also rich in vitamin E, which has skin-healing benefits.
So next time you’re perusing the aisles at Duane Reade looking to satisfy your cravings without packing on the pounds keep these in mind. Opt for these 5 healthier alternatives to get you through your day. MaxWell Medical wants you to use these simple swaps for BETTER HEALTH!