FIVE, FOUR, THREE, TWO, ONE… Unfortunately, this is not a countdown to the New Year. Five seconds is all it takes for someone to give up on their New Year’s resolution. Then, there are those that say to the world, “I’m going to lose weight in the New Year!” But minutes after the ball drops, they’re outside eating up their last, last, last slice of pizza (the third slice that night).
You can’t always blame it on a person’s will power. Some resolutions become harder the first week in and it just takes motivation and dedication in reaching your goal. It’s a little over two weeks into the New Year and MaxWell Medical wants to make sure you’ve set accomplishable resolutions for yourself as well as giving you a few tips to help you stick with them!
5 Tips to Help You Stick
- Be Realistic- Make sure your goal is attainable. Claiming that you will never shop again could be a bad choice. Reserve your shopping for only special occasions (Birthdays anniversaries, holidays, etc.).
- Set-up a Time Frame- Make sure you have a plan outlined. If your resolution is to lose 20 pounds, then write your target weight on a sheet of paper. Post it on your bathroom mirror so you begin each day reminded of your goal. Also, plan out your week to accommodate days to exercise. Avoid last minute planning because negative excuses can start adding up.
- Reinforce with Positive Feedback- Plan out how to deal with negative temptations. For example, seeing co-workers order high calorie fast food may cause you to feel tempted to do the same. Consider writing down some positive quotes on a post-it, or calling a friend that can take your mind off of it. Do whatever is necessary to keep you steered in the right direction.
- Track your Progress- Keep track of every each step you make towards reaching your goal. For example, if your target resolution is to save $100 each month, you should keep track of your daily expenses and create a budget for yourself for each week. By keeping note of your progress, your goal seems more attainable each day.
- Reward Yourself- Celebrate your successful progress by rewarding yourself to something you like. But make sure it does not contradict your resolution. For example, if your goal is to lose weight, then don’t reward yourself with a slice of cake. Instead, enjoy a movie night with a friend.
Dr. Nicholas Hall (Chiropractor) – Improve his flexibility.
- Dr. Hall exercises three or more days a week and he now sets aside 15-20 minutes before his workout to stretch.
Dr. Ron Nathanson (Chiropractor) – Incorporate more Yoga.
- A little over two weeks into the year and Dr. Nathanson has doubled up his weekly yoga sessions.
Cesar Salce (Physical Therapy Assistant) – Try different foods.
- Since the start of the New Year, Cesar has gone to several different restaurants to try other cultures famous dish.
Robert Steele (Orthopedic Massage Therapist) – Get in shape for his wedding.
- We are midway through the month of January and Rob has joined in an office workout challenge. He replaced those high calorie lunches with a salad.
Melissa Soquite (Registered Physical Therapist) – Exercise more.
- Melissa has wasted no time in changing her daily routines. She dropped that remote and hits the treadmill 3 times a week.
Thania D. Louisor (Insurance Department) – Eat healthier.
- Since the ball dropped, Thania has been eating healthier by swapping donuts and fattening lattes for fresh fruit, egg whites and unsweetened tea.
Adelina Molina (Front Desk) – Get more organized.
- Not only has Adelina organize her personal home space, but she has also completely organize her workspace.
Our staff has been taking their New Year’s resolution one step at a time and we want you to do the same. The first month may be the most difficult because you have to change your old routines. Make sure you surround yourself with positive individuals that can help you stay motivated in reaching your goal. But just remember, it all begins with you… That first day of the New Year is filled with possibility and promise. Our DO MORE campaign takes that feeling from January 1st and applies it for the entire year. This year MaxWell Medical wants you to REACH YOUR GOAL & DO MORE!