He’s a man of many words, few of which we can understand. He is also an invaluable, and often hilarious, member of the MaxWell Medical family. Our staff member of the month is our Doctor of Physical Therapy, Olayinka Akisanya. (But, we like to call him Yinka for short). Born inLagos,Nigeria, he moved to theUnited States3 years ago, is a graduate ofNew YorkUniversity, and has his doctorate in Physical Therapy. He is well known in our office for his unique way of speaking, his even more unique sense of humor, and his almost endless knowledge of the human body and how it works.
Yinka took out some time from his globetrotting to sit down and tell us a few things about him.
10 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Yinka
1. I can’t bend it like Beckham but, I played soccer in High School and College.
2. I don’t need a gym membership. Manual therapy for my patients is enough of a workout for me.
3. I run 8 miles every day.
4. I’ve had to order new passport pages because I travel so often. 8 countries in three years and counting…
5. I really miss Suya (No, not a lady friend. They are Spicy Lamb Chops!)
6. I studied for over 8 hours straight without any breaks.
7. My biggest weakness and my biggest strength is my determination.
8. I’m an International Man of Therapy.Lagos,Britain, theUnited States, and evenBulgariaare just a few countries I’ve practiced physical therapy in.
9. I believe in physical therapy after witnessing the remarkable recovery of a man who was paralyzed by Edwards Syndrome.
10. Contrary to popular belief, I am not a Nigerian Prince.
Want to know more about Yinka? You can post your questions on our Facebook and Twitter pages.Yinka is available at either one of our Midtown locations. Call to set up an appointment to find out how he can help you Do More!