When the weather outside is frightful…grab some hot cocoa and get delightful! Your holiday to-do list is getting longer and longer and the hordes of tourists, shoppers, and men dressed up as Santa Claus are enough to make you want to flee. Before you rush out of the city, MaxWell Medical wants you to check out these 5 local escapes that will get you into a less “Bah Humbug” and more “Joy to the World” kind of mood.
5 Winter Escapes:
1) 3rd Ward– Get your creative juices flowing at this Brooklyn crafts location. Experiment with ribbons and tools to make this holiday gift giving a work of art!
2) Russian & Turkish Baths– Serving up “unexpected paradise” in New York since 1892, this facility will quite literally wash away your worries.
3) Brooklyn Boulders– It isn’t Mount Everest but, as the largest indoor rock climbing facility in NY, you’ll feel like a mountaineer without all the frostbite.
4) Zankel Hall (at Carnegie Hall)- Get into the holiday spirit by viewing some private photos of the Fab 4, the Beatles. Take a step back in time without spending a dime!
5) Jane’s Carousel– Open to the public since September of this year, this well-kept secret in DUMBO will keep you nostalgic and make great new memories!
Let this winter be the season to try something new. These near-by destinations will have you fall in love with NY all over again. Before you get into hibernation mode or become a scrooge, MaxWell Medical wants you to BE MERRY!