Tree of Life- Another movie starring Brad Pitt, hey we’re not complaining. The film is set in a small town in Texas as a middle-aged man reflects back to his childhood memories and present day to decipher the meaning of life.
Yoga Tree Pose- The movie may seem pretty heavy but, this pose certainly isn’t. This stance just requires you to focus and breathe. So make like a tree and leave this pose simple. The Tree Pose can help strengthen your thighs, calves, ankles and back. It can also increase the flexibility in your hips and groin. With some consistent practice you can even improve your balance and concentration.
1) Start with your feet shoulder width apart
2) As you exhale, place your left foot on the inside part of your right leg, close to the groin area, with the toes pointing downward.
3) As you inhale, stretch your arms sideways to form a T, palms facing down.
4) As you exhale, bring your palms together in prayer position.
5) Raise your arms overhead, keeping your palms in prayer position. To maintain balance, it helps to focus your eyes on one point in front of you and to keep breathing through the belly.
**This Yoga Pose is recommended for people who have Sciatica and flat feet.**
Check out this video: http://www.abc-of-yoga.com/yoga-practice/tree-yoga-pose.asp