First and foremost, our thoughts and prayers go out to those that have been severely affected by the storm. As we scramble to try and get things back to normal, we are very aware of those who’s lives might never be the same because of Sandy. That being said, we will be matching funds donated to the American Red Cross at all our offices all month long.
Secondly, an update on where we stand. Our midtown offices are running at full force but, unfortunately, much like most of lower Manhattan, our downtown office on 99 Wall Street is not open yet. City officials have informed us that the anticipated date to return safely will be Monday, November 12th. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We’ll be sending out emails and updates on Facebook and Twitter. In the meantime, we have extended our hours at our midtown locations at 16 E 40th Street and 16 E 52nd Street, specifically for our Wall Street patients. Our office will be open from 8am to 7pm everyday this week. We encourage you to call and make an appointment at your convenience.
Finally, lessons learned from Hurricane Sandy:
- Every problem has a solution when you think outside the box.
- There are much more important things in life than phone, tv, and internet.
- A cold shower is NOT better than no shower…in fact, it’s worse.
- When you surround yourself with great people, amazing things can happen.
- It’s a small world…a very small world.