Many workplace innovations have been suggested and implemented to improve workplace ergonomics — ie. yoga balls, treadmills, and standing desks.
There has been a link between reducing sedentary time and improving physical, mental and metabolic health. Sitting for long hours has been linked to stress-related injuries, back and neck pain and so many other issues.
- Burns more calories (not that many) — Choosing to stand instead of sitting for an afternoon of work has been shown to burn an additional 170 calories more than sitting does.
- It may lower blood sugar levels and risk of heart disease — Sitting after your meals and remaining sedentary often causes spikes in blood pressure levels.
- Reduce back and neck pain — Neck and back pain are the most common complaints of office workers, often caused by long hours in an uncomfortable position at one’s desk.
- Improve mood and energy — Sitting and remaining sedentary for extended periods of time has been linked to increased risk of developing depression and anxiety. People who stand at their desks report less stress and fatigue than those who remain sedentary.
If you are going to implement a standing desk in your office, keep in mind that you should EASE into your transition; beginning with standing for thirty minutes a day and gradually increasing standing time. It is also important to note that certain tasks are better performed while seated, especially tasks that use fine motor skills.
But, if your company isn’t shelling out $ for the newest gadgets. Here are a few cost-effective ways to ease you out of your sedentary life:
- Try to maintain a correct posture while standing
- Use a floor mat below you to soften your stance
- Try to avoid looking down at the computer screen by adding a lift for proper alignment for your line of vision
- Wear comfortable shoes that limit the impact that standing has on your knees and back.
- And MOST importantly, use some tips and tricks provided by our office because MaxWell wants you to GET UP OFF THAT CHAIR!
Cupid never misses, and neither should you. If you’re still looking for a last-minute gift for your beloved valentine, here are a few MaxWell Medical-approved gifts that are guaranteed to hit the spot:
- Don’t mask your feelings!– Keep your significant other AND your relationship bright and glowing by gifting them collagen-soaked Korean sheet masks; the ultimate symbol of self-love and self-care.
- Are you nuts for your sweetheart? – Nuts are a great source of proteins, antioxidants, nutrients and help you live longer. Show your partner you’ll always want them around by gifting them a delicious bag of trail mix.
- Your love can’t be beet – Veggie Go’s vegan and gluten-free beet bites are tasty, strawberry-flavored gummies that are a great way to eat the veggies you don’t always want to taste. What can we say? Sometimes the best gifts are small and sweet.
- Show them they’re your main squeeze– Stress balls help relieve stress, boost your blood circulation and are commonly used as a meditation tool. Drop by MaxWell and we’ll provide you with a heart-shaped stress ball to give your love.
Less is more unless it’s love… MaxWell Wants You to LOVE More!
Before you head out the door this summer be sure to grab your sunscreen, sunglasses and bottled water… and a roller ball or two!
Essential oils have been around for years and their benefits are widely known. Technically speaking, aromatic molecules of essential oils interact with sensors in your nasal cavity, lungs, pores, and more. Once engaged, these sensors emit signals to the rest of your body–including your limbic system.
Inhaling essential oils may be one of the fastest ways to create physiological or psychological benefits. Essential oils can also enter the skin directly and your skin is the largest organ in your body!
Our most popular roller blends are:
-Focus- which contains peppermint and lemon. It helps to keep you centered and clear.
-Chill Out- which contains lavender, stress away, and copaiba. It helps to relax and unwind.
-Relief- which contains copaiba, panaway, and peppermint. It is most beneficial as post-workout support.
Are you and your co-workers in need of some TLC? Here at MaxWell Medical we understand that a wellness program can make you feel relaxed, less stressed and far more productive. Find out how you can benefit from on-site chair massage workshop, stretching seminar, mindful meditation and so much more!
We’re 1 year older, 5 offices strong, 202 team member strong and counting…
To thank our patients and team for an amazing 11 years, we are giving out free smoothies all week long!!
Introducing our newest Chiropractor, Dr. Banan Mohammed!
You get a reward! You get a reward! And YOUUUUU get a reward!!! All SPRING long if you refer a friend, family member, or co-worker to our office, you’ll receive a reward as appreciation for sending someone new to us! Find out more by giving us a call today!
Starting today until Friday, May 25th you have the chance to WIN 4 tickets to the Mets v Cubs game! How can you win? Just come in! You get raffle tickets for each time you come in, refer or book a workshop! So, grab some peanuts and cracker jack because you’re going to the ball game!!!